AP POLYCET -2016 is a Polytechnic common entrance test conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training, Hyderabad for admission into Diploma level programs conducted in Government, Aided, Private, Un-aided polytechnics and Second Shift polytechnics run in
existing Private un-aided Engineering Colleges.
Admission into new Diploma Courses sanctioned if any during the academic year 2016 - 2017 will be done on the basis of AP POLYCET-2016 rank. Similarly courses and intakes indicated in this book are subject to change by All India Council of Technical Education and approval from the Government of Andhra Pradesh and the actual intakes of courses will be notified at the time of making admissions.
Mere appearing for AP POLYCET-2016 and obtaining a merit rank does not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission automatically unless the candidate fulfills the requirements laid down for admission. As separate POLYCET tests are being conducted by the respective States, The candidates of Andhra Pradesh intend to seek admission in to the courses offered in Polytechnics of Telangana State and seek admission under 15% unreserved quota offered in Telangana State shall appear for POLYCET conducted by Telangana.
For admissions into Statewide Institutions located in Telangana State under the ratio of 42:36:22 (AU/OU/SVU respectively) AP local students need not appear for POLYCET conducted by Telangana State. 64% of the seats are aportionated to AP local students in state level Institutions located in Telangana State.
Results of Polycet - 2016 :
- The minimum marks for declaring a candidate to have passed in the Entrance examination shall be thirty percent i.e., 36 marks out of 120. Candidates belonging to Scheduled castes or Scheduled Tribes shall be assigned ranking irrespective of the marks obtained in the entrance test. Such candidates even less than 30% marks in POLYCET-2016 shall be eligible to compete for their category of seats during the admission.
- The marks obtained at the entrance test shall be considered for the purpose of assigning rank, on the basis of which, selection shall be made for admission in to diploma courses. The above rules are subject to any amendments that may be issued by the Government from time to time. Every care will be taken to avoid errors in the valuation of answer sheets, tabulation of results and ranking of the candidates. Hence, request for revaluation or re-totaling will not be entertained under any circumstances.
In case of a tie in rank at entrance test, the marks of the following subjects at Entrance Test in the same order as given below shall be considered for resolving the tie. i) Mathematics. ii) Physics. iii) Date of Birth
While resolving the tie basing on the Date of birth as entered in the S.S.C. Certificate of the Candidate, candidate born earlier will be deemed to have obtained higher rank (better rank). In case the tie is still not resolved, the candidate who has secured higher percentage of marks in the qualifying test will be considered to have obtained a better rank, to resolve the tie.
How to Check AP Polycet Results 2016..?
- Enter https://www.polycetap.nic.in or http://sbtetap.gov.in at address bar
- Its Open only Internet Explorer Only
- Now Click Results Link
- Enter Your Hall Ticket/Register Number
- Now You can get Rank and Marks
- Take Printout for further Reference
(Open in Internet Explorer Only)
Written by:ChandanaManabadi Results Updated at: 09:41:00