POLYCET 2015 is a Polytechnic common entrance test conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training, Hyderabad for admission into Diploma level programmes conducted in Government,aided, Private unaided polytechnics and polytechnics run in existing Private unaided Engineering Colleges.
Admission into new Diploma Courses sanctioned if any during the academic year 2015- 2016 will be done on the basis of POLYCET-2015 rank. Similarly courses and intakes indicated in this book are subject to change by All India Council of Technical Education and approval from the Government of Andhra Pradesh and the actual intakes of courses will be notified at the time of making admissions.
Commencement of online filing of Applications : 28-04-2015 (Tuesday)
Last date of filing of online Application Form : 13-05-2015 (Wednesday)
Date & Time of Entrance Examination : 31-05-2015 (Sunday) 11.00 A.M. To 1.00 P.M.
Tentative Date of declaration of results : 10-06-2015 (Wednesday)
As separate POLYCET 2015 tests are being conducted by the respective States, The candidates of Andhra Pradesh intend to seek admission in to the courses offered in State wide institution of Telangana State, at the ratio of 42:36:22 in AU/OU/SVU respectively and seek admission under 15% unreserved quota offered in Telangana State shall appear for POLYCET 2015 conducted by Telangana.
Results of POLYCET-2015:
• The minimum marks for declaring a candidate to have passed in the Entrance examination shallll be thiirty percent ii..e..,, 36 marks out off 120..
• Candidates belonging to Scheduled castes or Scheduled Tribes shall be assigned ranking irrespective of the marks obtained in the entrance test. Such candidates with less than 30% marks in POLYCET-2015 shall be eligible to compete for their category of seats during the admission.
• The marks obtained at the entrance test shall be considered for the purpose of assigning rank, on the basis of which, selection shall be made for admission in to diploma courses.
• The above rules are subject to any amendments that may be issued by the Government from time to time.
• Every care will be taken to avoid errors in the valuation of answer sheets, tabulation of results and ranking of the candidates. Hence, request for revaluation or re-totalling will not be entertained under any circumstances.
• In case of a tie in rank at entrance test, the marks of the following subjects at Entrance Test in the same order as given below shall be considered for resolving the tie.
i) Mathematics. ii) Physics. iii) Date of Birth
• While resolving the tie basing on the Date of birth as entered in the S.S.C. Certificate of the Candidate, candidate born earlier will be deemed to have obtained higher rank (better rank).
• In case the tie is still not resolved, the candidate who has secured higher percentage of marks in the qualifying test will be considered to have obtained a better rank, to resolve the tie.
• The results are likely to be declared within fifteen days from the date of test. Rank Cards will also be dispatched within a week from the date of declaration of results.
• The Candidates can download rank card from hptts://polycetts.nic.in or www.sbtetts.gov.in or from any help line centers or otherwise can contact coordinator of any helpline center for any further assistance.
Written by:ChandanaManabadi Results Updated at: 07:34:00